The Primary School Council
The primary school council draws up the draft proposal of the school-week structure, votes on the primary school’s rules and regulations, expresses an opinion on the school project and all the issues regarding the functioning of the primary school, including extra-curricular activities, educational matters and the use of resources.
In a school with only primary and pre-primary classes, the primary school council takes on the role of the School Council and adopts its legal framework.
The Head Teacher is the chairman of this council.
The meeting chairperson may invite any person to the meeting whose contribution is deemed valuable in terms of the agenda (a representative of the Management Committee, for example).
Members with voting rights
- The Head Teacher or Chairperson
- The primary school teachers (all or one representative per level) and if necessary, the AIS head (School Adaptation and Integration) involved in the school
- Parent representatives (elected) – See the 2017/2018 Johannesburg parents list
Members with advisory roles
- The Principal
- The Bursar
- PV Conseil d’Ecole de Johannesburg
- PV Conseil d’Ecole de Pretoria
- Minutes of the JHB school council meeting of 15 november 2017
- Minutes of the JHB school council meeting of 16 march 2017 (with corrections)
- Minutes of the JHB school council of 14 june 2017
- Minutes of the Pretoria school council of 8 june 2017
- Minutes of the Pretoria school council of 23 march 2017
- Minutes of the JHB school council of 16 march 2017
- Minutes of the JHB school council of 16 february 2017
- Minutes of the JHB school council of 1 decembre 2016
- Minutes of the JHB school council of 24 november 2016
This post is also available in: French