5ème (Grade 7)
5ème is the first year of what is called the “central cycle” in Middle School.
During the central cycle, students build on the fundamental knowledge of the 1st cycle, allowing students to improve and expand on their knowledge and skills.
Teaching disciplines and time allocations are set by the official guidelines that you can view on the Eduscol website:
After a particularly structured and guided 6th grade year with much personal assistance, 7th grade is more focused on autonomy.
- Academic career discovery: Students engage in a project of individual research on a trans-disciplinary topic.
- Initiation to Latin: Students learn the basics of Latin for 2 hours weekly.
- Introduction to a second Modern Language: German for 1 hour weekly.
- Supervised study: Students may choose between several time slots of study sessions supervised by a teacher who helps them with their study methods.
- History & Geography and Civic Studies
- Science and Biology
- Fine Arts
- Physical Education
- Art History