School aftercare for Elementary and assisted homework for Primary
The school offers a service that includes school aftercare for all elementary students and assisted homework for primary
School aftercare rules
- Aftercare service is offered to Pre-school and primary school (PS to CM2)
– Monday to Thursday : From 2.30pm to 5pm
– Friday : from 12:15am to 4pm
- A snack can be offered if needed by parents in their child’s bag. Please refer to Internal regulations and offer a healthy snack (fruit, nuts, yogurt, biscuits)
- Attention : for Friday aftercare, note that meals served at school canteen are not adapted to Primary students. Therefore if the child stays at aftercare, parents must provide a healthy lunch in their child’s bag. Or exceptionally they have the possibility to go to canteen providing a ticket sold at school reception at 50 rands.
We ask ALL persons fetching children after activities or aftercare to show their Lycée Jules Verne 2021-2022 identity card at the entrance. A supervisor will welcome you to the gate and will call the playground supervisor via walkie-talkie. Then students will be accompanied to the gate by a supervisor of Pre- and primary school.
Taxis drivers (Cool cabs, School Link… or any other independent driver) who come to pick up students have to show their driver card and a clipboard mentioning the child name and password.
School aftercare and assisted homework functioning and schedule 2020 – 2021
School aftercare is offered to students from Maternelle and Primary (from PS to CM2) from Monday to Thursday 2.25pm until 5pm, and on Friday from 12.10am until 4pm.
Assisted homework is offered to Elementary students ( CP, CE1, CE2, CM1 et CM2) from Monday to Thursday 2.30pm until 3.15pm. In order to offer qualitative supervision the number of students is limited ; therefore the maximal number of assisted homework sessions is limited to 2 per student per week.
Functioning is as followed :
- If you child is registered to assisted homework, you have to register him to aftercare and pay the aftercare fees.
- If you child is registered to school aftercare, you have to pay aftercare fees.
- If your child has an extra-curricular activity, aftercare before and/or afterwards is free.
School aftercare fees 2020-2021
|1st semester: from 28 September 2020 until 6 February 2021|
|1 day per week||R 900.00|
|2 days per week||R 1 800.00|
|3 days per week||R 2 700.00|
|4 days per week||R 3 600.00|
|5 days per week||R 4 500.00|
|2nd semester : from 8 February until 2 July 2021|
|1 day per week||R 1 080.00|
|2 days per week||R 2 160.00|
|3 days per week||R 3 240.00|
|4 days per week||R 4 320.00|
|5 days per week||R 5 400.00|
ATTENTION: In case of a child’s presence at aftercare without registration, a daily fee of 100R per day will be implemented.
Information & contact details
Ms Vanessa Bezuidenhout can be contacted at her office :
- Monday to Thursday : from 2pm to 4pm
- on Friday : from 12pm to 1pm.
You can also send her an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org