Première (Grade 11)
This End cycle of general schooling aims at helping students to gradually build up an academic and career orientation path.
Three series are offered in general education:
- Economic and social series (ES)
- Literary series (L)
- Scientific series (S)
In Première, grade 11, specific subjects are introduced whilst important basic or common subjects are retained. This year is key towards the start of a career orientation choice.
Teaching disciplines and time allocations are set by the official guidelines that you can view on the Eduscol website: http://eduscol.education.fr/cid46470/presentation.html#seriesequibrees
- Guidance, improvement and mastery of efficient study methods.
Support in Mathematics and French and extended teaching in economics and English are provided, as well as subject-specific learning methodology.
- Optional subjects include a modern language (German or Spanish), Physical Education, Latin and Audiovisual Cinema.
- The “audiovisual cinema” subject option. The purpose of this option is learning cinematographic and audiovisual culture about historic, aesthetic and economic aspects. Students’ abilities to analyze and reflect on all forms of cinematographic and audiovisual production are developed as well as proficiency in the language of images and sound.
- Initiation to Philosophy for one hour per week.
This post is also available in: French